Wednesday, October 11, 2017



Our friends Heather and Roger surprised us with a visit too!

These are a few shots from Art on the Creeks, an art festival in Rogers, Arkansas. It was a truly incredible experience. My husband Ryan and I had a great time putting it all together (though it was a LOT of work!) and meeting so many kind and inspiring people. This was my first outdoor art festival of this sort and it seems there is a learning curve to this sort of thing... hopefully I'll be even more confident and knowledgeable for the next one. (:

One of the best aspects of the festival was the skill level and variety of artists. Over the past few days, I've been experimenting with medium and style more so than usual, just for exploration. It's very inspiring to create in different ways, though I still recognize my own art-making tendencies even when using mediums outside my regular practice.

Eden. Coffee and Charcoal. © Liz Darling 2017